Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My first blog

Welcome to my blog!

I should have started this 11 weeks ago. I am 11 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) and hopefully I can keep an ongoing journal of our hopes, fears, dreams and events.

I have had little side effects from my pregnancy. The biggest being the nausea. CONSTANT nausea. I've only actually thrown up twice though and the last couple days it seems it is easing up a bit. My other side effects include heartburn , constant sleepiness and restless legs (especially after eating).

...We heard the heartbeat for the first time on August 22nd. It was the most amazing moment of my life. *tear*

I was prepared for the doctor to not be able to find the heartbeat with the doppler since it was "very early" still. But she found it right away and I teared up and burst into laughter.

My laughing belly shook the doppler off and she had to re-find the heartbeat 3 times. :-)

Darren was amazed at the sound and had his very first encounter with our little alien. Before that moment all he knew was his wife was a crazy psycho that slept 24/7. :P

Our first ultrasound will be September 5th, we can't wait!!

No comments: